Mother’s Day is just around the corner and if you are looking for ideas to make your mother feel extra special on this day, then we have an amazing idea for you. Make the day a memorable one for her by cooking a delicious brunch spread! Now you may ask, how to create the brunch when you don’t know much about cooking? Then don’t you worry, we have got your back. First of all, always remember, a dish is made delicious when it is prepared with love. And to make your job easier, we have curated some of the easiest but lip-smacking mother’s day brunch dishes.
So without further ado, let us hop into our top mother’s day brunch ideas then.
Also Read: All About Mother’s Day: The Celebration Of Motherhood
6 DIY mother’s day brunch
Recipe 1: Egg, Sausage and Kale Strata
- cubes of ½ loaf of multigrain bread
- ¾ pound of breakfast sausages
- 7 cups of chopped curly kale leaves
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 8 ounces of cheese (preferably Machengo/Fontina)
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Unsalted butter for baking
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the sausages. Cook for 4-5 minutes until they turn brown
- Now turn the heat to medium and add the kale leaves. Do it for 1-3 minutes
- On the side, place the cubes of bread on a buttered baking dish and top them off with the cooked kale and sausage
- Again in a large bowl, whisk the eggs and add in milk, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix in the cheese too.
- Pour the mixture over the bread pieces.
- Cover all and refrigerate for 1 hour or even overnight (however, if you are going to refrigerate overnight, remove it from freezing 40 minutes before baking)
- Heat the oven to 350°F and bake it till it turns golden brown, close to 40-45 minutes.
- Once down, allow it to cool for 15minutes before you start cutting. Serve it warm.
Recipe 2: Bourbon Mint Iced Tea
- 2 tea bags of mint tea
- 3 tea bags of black tea
- 1 cup of bourbon
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- Fresh mint leaves
- Bring about 8 cups of water to boil and then transfer to a container that will not allow it to cool down (heat-safe pitcher/thermos)
- Add sugar and keep on stirring till it completely dissolves
- Now add in the tea bags and do not disturb them for 10 minutes
- Once done, remove the tea bags and transfer the contents to some other containers and allow them to reach room temperature
- Before serving, add in the bourbon and garnish it with mint leaves
Recipe 3: Tahini Black Rice Bowl
- 1 ½ cup of black rice
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- ½ cup of chopped lightly salted and roasted pistachios
- ½ cup of tahini
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- Few fresh mint leaves
- In a pot, bring the rice, salt, and 3 cups of water to boil
- Reduce the heat and allow the rice to cook for 25-30 minutes
- Once done, divide the rice into bowls and top them with raspberries, roasted pistachios, left tahini, milk, and honey.
- Garnish the bowls with mint leaves
Recipe 4: Almond Flour Pancakes
- 1 ⅓ cup of blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ cup of almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup while serving
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Take a medium bowl and add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk them together
- On the side, in a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla
- Now add the contents of a small bowl to the flour mix and whisk them all together. Make sure the batter is of the right consistency. It should not be too runny or too thick.
- Now heat a pan over medium heat and brush it with olive.
- Now pour the batter as required and cook it for 1-2 minutes on each side. Turn the heat on low for cooking
- Serve them with maple syrup and you can even add chopped fruit pieces to the top
Recipe 5: Tofu Scramble
- 225g of firm tofu
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of black pepper powder
- Chop the tofu and crumble it into bite-sized pieces
- In a frying pan, add some oil, and when it gets hot, add in the tofu with the remaining condiments
- Stir and cook for 5-10 minutes
- Serve hot and you can add the tofu scramble on a toast or even prepare a plate that can include the tofu scramble with poached eggs and fried vegetables on the side.
Also Read: Try The New Healthy Fried Food: 15 Yummy Air Fry Recipes
Recipe 6: Chocolate muffins
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ¾ cup of chocolate chips
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- Chocolate chips to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease about 12 muffin cups or line them with paper muffin liners
- In a large bowl, take flour, sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Now on the side, in a small bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, milk, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil
- Add the contents to the flour mix and blend them.
- Now fill ¾th of the muffin cups with the batter and add chocolate chips on the top for garnish
- Bake for 20 minutes. To understand the muffin is cooked, place a toothpick inside the muffin and make sure it comes off clean
- Allow the muffins to cool down in the baking tray for 10 mins before you transfer them for serving.
Now there you go, an easy guide containing some easy yet delicious recipes to cook for your mother on this Mother’s day brunch 2021 near me. The recipes are less time-consuming and can be created without causing much fuss for the mother’s day brunch.
Plus, your kitchen will remain clean too (added brownie points from your mother)!
And in conclusion, we can just say that whatever is cooked with love is well cooked. So make sure you cook with a lot of love and we are sure that your mother will love the spread.
Also Read: 10 Summer Recipes To Make Your Dinner Party A Hit!