Grown as a succulent plant species, it is really difficult to notice a household where you will not notice an aloe vera plant not being grown on their balcony, backyard or in the kitchen sill. Grown abundantly in tropical climates, the aloe vera plant has been used as a medicinal plant for centuries. It not only acts as a stylish makeover for your house but also provides multifaceted benefits to the plantsman too.
Did you know that the white gooey substance, which is also known as the aloe vera juice, extracted from the aloe vera plant has abundant benefits stored in it and can be extremely beneficial for its user? Quite interesting right? Continue reading the article then we share with you all procedures of extracting out of the aloe vera juice and all the benefits that come along with it.
Check out the insights of 8 Ways To Improve Insulin Sensitivity Naturally.
The nutritional profile of aloe vera juice
Aloe vera juice is packed with nutrients and some of the common nutrients and micronutrients found in one 8-ounce serving of pure aloe juice are:
- Vitamins like B, C and E
- Minerals like calcium, copper, sodium, magnesium, potassium, manganese and zinc
- Rich source of antioxidants
- Calories- 8
- Carbs- 3grams
- Fibre- 2grams
Sugar, protein and fat are less than a gram.
Also, did you know that aloe vera juice is one of the few plant sources that are an abundant resource of Vitamin B-12 and therefore can form a key ingredient in the diet of vegetarians and vegan?
Aloe vera juice benefits
The white, gooey substance extracted from the leaves of the aloe vera plant acts as an elixir for our health. Drinking aloe vera juice provides innumerable benefits for our health and can help us to combat a variety of chronic ailments. Some of the most common health benefits provided by aloe vera juice are:
- Aloe vera is a water-dense plant and therefore drinking aloe vera juice is the most effective way to treat dehydration.
- Aloe vera juice is filled with nutrients that help in detoxifying and cleansing our body and also enhances the condition of our kidneys.
- Aloe vera juice acts as an effective remedy for people suffering from constipation. Aloe vera juice increases the water content of our intestines.
- Aloe vera juice helps in boosting the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut and keeps the intestinal flora healthy and balanced.
- Being an abundant source of antioxidants, aloe vera juice helps in ameliorating the damage caused due to free radicals. It also helps in treating UV damage and also prevents fine lines and ageing.
- Compounds present in aloe vera juice helps in controlling the secretion of acid in the stomach and therefore also help you know providing heartburn relief.
- For people suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), aloe vera juice helps in decreasing the irritation in the intestine and stomach. It also helps in combating chronic inflammatory disorders of the intestines.
- Aloe juice is a potential remedy against cancer as it helps in preventing the growth of cancerous cells.
Beauty hacks that can be done with Aloe vera
Apart from the above-mentioned benefits, certain beauty hacks can be possible with the help of aloe vera juice. Use the juice as
- As a protection against the sun or as a sunburn soother.
- Lightweight moisturizer.
- Makeup remover or as a light makeup primer.
Not only for skin, but aloe vera also helps in treating damaged hair and irritated scalp. Mix two drops of peppermint oil with aloe vera juice and massage it on your scalp. Keep the pack for half an hour and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Potential side effects of aloe vera juice
Aloe vera juice is famed worldwide for its abundant health benefits but there can be certain potential health hazards associated with the aloe vera juice too. Having non decolourized and unpurified aloe vera juice can lead to the following side effects.
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
- Moderate to severe pain and discomfort
- Electrolyte imbalance
- The presence of anthraquinone which is a laxative can be extremely toxic for the body and produce unpleasant reactions in the system.
Aloe juice when consumed along with other medications can produce unwanted drug interactions in the body and that can lead to severe reactions in the system. According to studies, it has been reported that consuming aloe juice along with the medication sevoflurane can increase the risk of excessive bleeding during surgeries. Also, diabetic patients or people suffering from other chronic ailments should consult their doctor or nutritionist before consumption.
How to extract the aloe vera juice?
Aloe vera juice can be easily found in supermarkets or online. However, if you want to make the aloe juice without any involvement of preservatives and extra sugars and want to have the process more hygienic and economical, then there is always the option of making the aloe juice at home.
The preparation process of the aloe juice is as follows.
- Pick fresh leaves and wash them under running water to remove any germ or dirt.
- Now completely dry the leaf with the help of absorbent cloth.
- With the help of a kitchen scissor, cut the thorny parts of the leaves.
- Now with the help of a sharp knife, fillet the leaf into two and scoop out the gel into a bowl. These coloured parts can be extremely unhealthy for your health if ingested.
- Once the gel is ready, simply blend it with water to get your desired thickness or you can even add some dates or coconut water or barley water to your concoction.
- Add a sweetener of your choice and your refreshing beverage is already.
It is generally recommended to consume the juice as fresh as possible but if you want to make the juice after a short time, then refrigerate the gel instead. The dosage generally prescribed for consuming aloe vera juice is 8 ounces per day. You can drink it directly or add it to your smoothies or juices. You can even make detox water out of it.
Now there you go, everything you need to know about the multifaceted aloe vera juice. With the bountiful benefits provided by the juice, it has already made a niche for itself in our kitchen cabinets. Now go on, include this amazing beverage in your regime too and reap the benefits out of it.