ALOE VERA, a plant that makes you feel as fresh as it looks. Prevailing from the plant family, Asphodelaceae, we all have come across this plant while we were dealing with our innumerable skin issues. Well, aloe vera’s juice might be really popular in terms of clearing out skin issues, but did you know it can be immensely useful in enhancing your health too? Yes, using its juice as part of your diet might be wonderful. Let’s read how…
Health benefits of Aloe Vera juice
It is well and good if you consume store-bought aloe vera juice but if you are someone who has the plant in their garden itself, well kudos to you as you have a cost-effective yet efficient medicine in your very own back yard.
- Cures constipation: As aloe vera juice is rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant component that pulls this juice right into the gut because of its laxative effect, so, it has the capacity to cure constipation. A cup of aloe vera juice is recommended for this to work.
- Helps fight inflammation: Aloe vera juice has anti-inflammatory properties. Consuming a cup of it daily can reduce and might eventually eradicate inflammation.
It also has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties which can effectively reduce gum inflammation too!
- A powerhouse of hydration: As aloe vera juice is low in calories and packed with minerals such as vitamin B, C, E, and plant source of B12, you may consume it anywhere and anytime without any obstruction in your mind.
- Helps in the smooth functioning of the liver: Aloe vera juice with its multiple detoxifying properties can help the liver in its functioning. As the liver has to cleanse our bodies, any damage to it cannot be good. So, aloe vera juice which is rich in phytonutrients has the capability to remove toxins from the liver.
- Cures skin issues: We all have come across aloe vera gel while treating our acne or any other skin issue, but have you ever thought of aloe vera juice has the same effects too? Yes, it does. drinking aloe vera juice can be as effective as applying its gel.
When your body gets the habit of aloe vera juice, it ultimately starts to flush out toxins, making the blood cleaner, and thus, making the skin acne-free. Not only the skin, but your body acquires the capability required to protect the skin from the sun’s UV rays, which sometimes prove to be extremely harmful.
It also helps to cure facial conditions like psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Improves digestion: Aloe vera juice consists of several enzymes that aid digestion greatly by breaking down the complex carbohydrates and sugar making the digestion process smooth.
- Aloe vera also consists of properties that can fight diabetes, blood pressure, heart conditions, and several others that may be common yet dangerous.
Simply adding a glass of aloe vera juice to your daily diet can do wonders!
Aloe Vera Juice benefits
Now, let’s get to know how aloe vera juice benefits our external body other than cleaning our inner toxics:
- An excellent sunscreen: Aloe vera juice contains natural UV resistance which protects our skin from harmful UV rays emitted by the Sun. In this case, the juice should be thick in consistency in order to stay put on the skin. Apply two to three layers regularly and see the improvement.
If you are working from home and not in a mood to apply your cream-based thick moisturizer. Well, you can apply a layer of thick juice on your face which will protect you from the blue rays which are emitted from the computer or mobile screen.
- Pedicure: Aloe vera juice can be an amazing pedicure solution. Add a cup of aloe juice to thrice the amount of medium-hot water. Submerge your feet in this solution for 10 to 15 minutes and then wipe it off. This will ensure smooth feet. Regularly repeating this method will remove dead skin cells or dry skin from the edges too.
- Conditioner: After rinsing off your shampoo, squeeze out the excess water and pour enough aloe juice into your damp hair. This will ensure that your hair doesn’t get damaged from the Sun.
How to buy the right aloe vera juice
Though there are numerous products available to choose from, it is always recommended to make a decision carefully. Before committing your body to any brand’s aloe vera juice, note the following:
- Always check the ingredients on the bottle, make sure it says aloe vera juice with no other substance added.
- Check the expiry date as well. An unopened and refrigerated bottle of aloe vera juice can go up to 2 to 3 years but make sure it is sealed as well.
- An opened and refrigerated bottle can be used for up to 2 to 4 weeks as well. Always check the instructions given by the brand.
Make your aloe vera juice
Your market bought aloe vera juice doesn’t give you satisfaction, do not worry, following these simple steps you can make your own:
- One stem of aloe vera with its green skin.
- A half-filled glass of water
- Water as per the consistency
Start by submerging the open end of the stem in the glass of water, soak it for at least 15 minutes. This will ensure the discharge of its yellow content (not recommended to consume). It depends upon you if you want to keep the green skin or not but make sure the skin was cleaned properly.
Put the stem into a juicer. Add water according to the consistency of the juice you like. Start your juicer at a low speed and keep it on until it turns into a pulp-less juice. Once done, you may or may not filter the juice. Enjoy!!!
All these points will show their effect if and only if you consume aloe vera juice regularly. No doubt, it is one of nature’s best medicine available, which is cheap and largely available. Consuming its juice at an early stage will help our immune system at a great scale. Stay Healthy!