Have you been constantly feeling sluggish and not quite at health? You have been suffering from moderate to severe muscle and joint aches and no medications have been able to completely produce your desired results? Or are you feeling tired all the time and suffering from extreme mood swings and insomnia? If your answer to any of the above questions is a yes, then there is a high chance of you suffering from poor circulation throughout your body.
Poor circulation often leads to some of the aforesaid symptoms and through this article, we are going to talk about one such effective therapy that can effectively help you to cure these chronic conditions. Yes, you read that right. We are talking about BEMER therapy, a form of PEMF therapy that has been producing abundant benefits for people suffering from chronic pain. Curious to know more? Continue reading the article then, as we delve further into the topic.
What is BEMER therapy?
BEMER therapy is a form of PEMF therapy that uses pulsed electromagnetic waves to stimulate muscles and enhance blood circulation. The BEMER therapy was first introduced by the BEMER group as a form of physical vascular therapy in 1998.
The therapy is usually administered with the help of devices such as hand-held applicators, a full-sized pad, or a mat. During a session, the device usually administers low-frequency pulsed magnetic fields to the affected muscles and tissues. According to the treatment requirement, the intensity of the magnetic field can be adjusted as desired.
People usually confuse BEMER therapy with PEMF therapy and use the terms alternatively. However, both of the therapies have some basic differences. PEMF is a broad term that is generally used for any therapies that include pulsed electromagnetic fields and PEMF therapy includes both high and low-frequency electromagnetic therapies with varying intensities.
However, on the other hand, BEMER therapy is a part of PEMF and it only uses pulsed electromagnetic fields of low frequencies and low intensity. Therefore, BEMER is a much gentler form of PEMF. Also, did you know, BEMER mats are used by NASA for their astronauts?
You may wonder why all of sudden BEMER is in limelight and has been the go-to treatment for ameliorating chronic pain?
Various advantages provided by BEMER therapy:
- It is a non-invasive therapy. The patient only requires to lay down on a padded electromagnetic mat or hold an electromagnetic pulse generating device onto the affected area and allow the energy pulses to stimulate the internal responses.
- There is no restriction of the therapy on the daily activities of the user.
- The therapy is safe for everyone and can be availed by old and young alike and regardless of any age, weight, or physical abilities.
- It is a versatile treatment and caters to a wide range of chronic ailments.
- And finally, the therapy is compatible with any other form of treatment and usually enhances their results.
Benefits of BEMER therapy
Some of the most extensive benefits of BEMER therapy are:
- Ameliorates symptoms of pain and fatigue in the body which are generally caused by chronic pain conditions.
- According to research, BEMER helps in improving the result of treatments performed on a person affected with cancer. It increases the sensitivity of the cancer cells to radiation or chemotherapy.
- For a person suffering from osteoarthritis, BEMER therapy helps in lessening the pain and also boosting the functionality of the affected joints.
- Ameliorates the symptoms associated with fibromyalgia.
- BEMER therapy is also extremely beneficial for people affected with multiple sclerosis. The pain and fatigue caused due to the condition can be easily lessened with therapy.
- Enhances nutrient and oxygen delivery and the blood flow of the system.
- Acts as a medium for detoxifying the body and cleanses the system by boosting the processes of waste removal from the body.
- Conditioning of the muscles takes place and also improves muscle tone.
- It enhances physical fitness and the overall performance of the body. BEMER therapy is especially beneficial for sportsmen to treat their tired and sore muscles.
- As a continuation of the above point, BEMER therapy also helps in improving muscle strength and increases the energy and endurance levels of the body.
- According to certain studies, it has been observed that BEMER therapy has a very positive effect on people suffering from infertility. It has been inferred to increase the vitality of the affected. However, more research needs to be done on this point to completely solidify the claim.
- BEMER therapy plays a very effective role in stress reduction and management. It helps in relaxing and ameliorates stress and anxiety effectively.
- BEMER therapy also helps in sleep management. For a person suffering from insomnia, a session of BEMER therapy can help you to effectively treat your insomnia condition.
- Overall, BEMER therapy helps in boosting the well-being of the body.
The biggest benefit of BEMER therapy is boosting the circulation throughout the body. An increase in circulation provides the following advantages:
- Helps to transport oxygen and nutrients to cells more easily and readily.
- Enhances disposal of cellular wastes
- Quickens healing and boost the recovery period
- Optimizes the different systematic functions of the body
What to keep in mind while undergoing BEMER therapy?
BEMER therapy is easy and painless and there have been no potential side effects reported during the therapies by its patients. It is usually considered a safe treatment option by physicians and doctors.
However, with all that being said, there needs to be more research done on BEMER therapy to completely solidify the benefits that it claims to provide.
BEMER therapy is usually not covered by insurance, therefore, if you are advised of the therapy, you would solely responsible for the costs encountered during the treatment procedures. Also, since we know that BEMER uses pulsed electromagnetic fields of very low frequencies, getting the desired outcome is a time-consuming process.
Also, there are certain measures that you should keep in mind while undergoing a BEMER therapy
- Eat lots of fluid. Drink non-carbonated water before your sessions so that the fluid levels in your body are balanced and you have the optimal levels in the system.
- Eat a nutritious and balanced diet.
- Keep the consumption of nicotine and alcohol to a minimum.
- Engage in outdoor activities. However, while undergoing make sure not to put an excessive strain upon yourself.
Now there you go, everything you need to know about the BEMER therapy. Hopefully, this article was able to solve all your queries. If you are curious to include this therapy in your daily regime, we would like to advise you to consult your healthcare provider before inclusion, for proper regulations and guidelines.