Are you tired of waiting in a line to get your cup of coffee every day or is it late at night, you are super tired, and need an instant dose of caffeine but all the shops are closed? Well, my friend, your prayers have been finally answered. Caffeine pills have come to your rescue.
It amazes me to think that how science is progressing every day and reaching a point whereby just popping a pill we can get the instant energy that a cup of coffee used to provide.
So let’s get into the details of it.
What are caffeine pills?
Caffeine is a drug which acts as a stimulant upon the central nervous system and is naturally found in substances like coffee beans, tea leaves and kola nuts. They can make you energetic, boost up your energy levels, improves concentration and are easily available and taken without much effort. Despite the caffeine pills benefits, they have a fair amount of side effects and precautions which you should remember before popping them. Let’s get into the details of the famous caffeine pills.
Caffeine pills are supplements that are made from caffeine and are generally classified in two categories-
- Natural caffeine pills which are made by the brewing process.
- Synthetic or artificial caffeine
Caffeine pills benefits
Now, you will ask that when coffee can provide the instant energy that we are looking for, then what is the use of caffeine pills?
- So, here is the answer to your question. Not only caffeine pills are accessible, portable and serious heartburns but with help of caffeine pills, this problem can be easily solved as it has been seen that people who consume caffeine pills have reduced chances of suffering from acid reflux.
- Unlike coffee which has coffee oils like cafestol and kahweol that can raise cholesterol levels, caffeine pills do not produce the same effect.
- Caffeine pills are very beneficial for those who have long professional hours and do not have access to the bathroom as coffee is diuretic but the pills are not.
Now, as established, caffeine pills provide many reasonable advantages over coffee, now let’s look at some of the other benefits-
- Increased focus and memory- It has been found in research that consumption of caffeine pills has helped people to stay awake and alert for a longer time and it instantly boosts up the energy levels. It also improves your focus, memory and concentration power.
- Improved athletic performance- Athletes who consume caffeine pills are found to have better coordination and improved endurance during high-intensity training levels. It also lessens the feeling of pain and fatigue. However, a point should be kept in mind though, intake of caffeine pills is banned before a competition because it always results in a positive urine drug test.
- Relief from a headache- Caffeine pills have the power of alleviating headache and migraine pain as due to the presence of ergotamine, the perception of pain reduces in the body.
- Cure for Parkinson’s- According to a study done, people suffering from Parkinson’s disease upon intake of caffeine pills have seen a visible reduction in the symptoms and also increase in the ability of them in controlling their movement.
- General effect on the body- Caffeine pills have a range of effects on the central nervous system varying from the reduction of a headache to a quick energy boost. It can also decrease depression and reduce constipation.
- Neonatal Apnea- A condition predominant in premature infants where breathing pauses for more than 15 seconds, caffeine pills are prescribed to them. It is seen that upon intake, there has been a visible reduction in the episodes of the apnea.
Any Caffeine pills side effects?
Caffeine pills are drugs and therefore should be taken in moderation. Although safe for most people to take, there are some regulations to be followed and if not heeded properly there can be some serious caffeine pill side effects.
- Caffeine pills should not be prescribed to people who are suffering from caffeine sensitivity, hypertension or high blood pressure. People suffering from heart diseases and Gastroesophageal reflux should not be offered caffeine pills. Children, adolescents, pregnant or breastfeeding women or even those people who are planning a pregnancy should stay away from these pills.
- If not used in modulation, too much consumption of caffeine pills can overstimulate and irritate the nervous system. Headache, rapid heartbeat, dizziness, shooting up of blood pressure levels, muscle tremors and jitters are some of the most common symptoms noticed.
- It reduces fertility and can also reduce calcium absorption causing weakened bones. Caffeine pills are found to be the main reason for causing acid reflux, gastric distress and diarrhoea.
- Extremely high doses of caffeine pills can be fatal for the body as it leads to erratic heartbeat, seizures, vomiting, disorientation, stupor and even death.
- Intake of caffeine pills every day may lead to dependency which is not suitable for the body.
- Although it is found that caffeine pills alleviate headaches but it is seen that upon consumption of high doses, it can increase migraine frequency and hence, people suffering from severe pain are not at all allowed to take those pills.
Dosage to be followed
Caffeine pills come in packaging which has all the information written on it but still, it is recommended that one should not consume more than two pills in a day. Pills should be taken in the morning or early afternoon as it approximately takes 6 hours for the body to completely ward off the caffeine content out of the system and having during the night can easily mess up the sleep cycle.
On average, a caffeine pill supplies between 100mg and 200mg of caffeine per serving and up to 400mg is considered safe. Use according to packaged directions and in moderation.
Now there you go, everything you need to hear about the new wonder is here. While having an upper hand over coffee, caffeine pills can seriously change the game for sure but as mentioned you should use in moderation to reap the actual benefits out of it.