Looking for ways to get rid of your ice cream addiction when you are following a proper diet? Well, you do not have to put yourself in such a difficult situation, instead healthify your favourite ice cream by going through this article.
When following a low-carb diet, weight loss diet, or any diet, you try to stay away from too many fatty foods.
In this scenario, you might have to stop eating ice cream, as they are highly processed and loaded with sugar and fats. Even if you choose low-calorie ice cream, it still consists of additives such as artificial sweeteners that might annoy your stomach and cause you to use the washroom for hours.
Try opting for healthy ice creams consisting of the right amount of sugar, protein, sodium, and carbs. Don’t get tricked by “low-calorie” and “low-fat” labels, search for ice creams that have 150 to 200 calories per serving. Such ice creams contain 10 grams of fat, 12 grams of sugar and can turn out to be the healthiest ice cream for you.
Healthy Ice Creams
Many types of ice creams are found nowadays such as full-fat, low-fat, reduced-fat, non-fat, dairy-free, high-protein, light, organic, no sugar, vegan, and low-calorie ice creams. How do you find the best healthy ice cream for yourself?
Use the following criteria for evaluating and finding the healthiest ice cream for yourself:
- Read labels and see how many calories per serving has (must have 150-200 or even below 150).
- The smaller the ingredients list, the better.
- There should not be added sweeteners or other additives.
- Check the nutrient content.
- Check the price, too cheap and too costly ice creams are not always good. Buy it only if it suits your budget and is healthy.
5 Best Healthy Ice Creams
Halo Top (Vanilla Bean)
This is one of the best healthy ice cream brands available in the market now as they are less in sugar and calories, high in protein, and made with organic ingredients. Their colourful packaging also attracts people.
These ice creams are made from zero-calorie organic stevia, a sugar alcohol (erythritol), prebiotic fibre, organic cane sugar, milk protein, and other basic ingredients.
You can go for Lemon cake, Pistachio, Rainbow Swirl, Mint Chip, and other dairy-free and gluten-free halo top ice creams.
Each serving(⅔ cup, 86 gram) of this healthy ice cream consists of:
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbs||21 g|
Edy’s Slow Churned Ice Cream Coffee
This light coffee ice cream might turn out to be the healthiest ice cream for you! People love it so much because of its simple recipe, rich taste, great coffee flavour, creamy texture, and no artificial flavours or colours.
This ice cream is made from simple ingredients such as non-fat milk, buttermilk, cane sugar, coffee, cream, pectin, and tapioca starch.
Per serving(½ cup) of this healthy ice cream consists:
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbs||15 g|
Nadamoo Cookie Dough Fudge
This ice cream brand launched its first dairy-free ice cream in 2004 and since then it’s been everyone’s favourite. They’re mostly coconut milk-based ice creams which are rich in taste.
This ice cream consists of coconut ice cream with cookie dough and fudge sauce. It’s made from organic coconut milk, cane sugar, natural flavours, organic agave nectar, yoghurt, and other such components.
Per serving(⅔ cup, 95 gram) of this healthy ice cream consists:
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Total Carbs||23 g|
Breyers Vanilla Frozen Dessert
This no-sugar ice cream is best for people with sugar issues. You can just enjoy your dessert time with this, without feeling guilty.
It still consists of a few added artificial sweeteners but it’s still liked by a lot of ice cream lovers.
You can go for other options such as low-calorie frozen dairy dessert, mint chip, vanilla, chocolate, etc.
Per serving(⅔ cup, 74 gram) of this healthy ice cream consists:
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbs||17 g|
Enlightened P.B. Cookie and Brownie Dough
This vanilla ice cream mixed with cookie dough, choco chips, brownie bites with a peanut butter swirl can turn out to be one of the best low-calorie ice cream options for you.
You can also try their vanilla bean ice cream which is better than this and more effective for weight loss.
Per serving(½ cup) of this healthy ice cream consists:
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Total Carbs||13 g|
These are just a few, you can also try
- Beckon vanilla Ice cream (lactose-free)
- Halo top keto series
- Rebel vanilla ice cream (keto)
- Breyers butter pecan ice cream
- Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia frozen dessert (non-dairy)
- Cado vanilla bean with avocado ice cream
- 365 Everyday value organic vanilla bean ice cream
- Fairlie light vanilla ice cream
- Arctic Zero light ice cream
- Breyers delights
- Archer farms reduced fat ice cream
All these brands are considered to be the best healthy ice cream brands, good for weight loss.
Other Healthy Ice Cream Options For Fitness Lovers
1. Frozen Banana Ice Cream-
- Take 3 bananas, slice them into pieces and put them in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Transfer the frozen banana into a mixture, add some milk, 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Grind the mixture and make a smooth paste.
- Transfer into a container and freeze it again for 3 hours.
- Scoop out the ice cream and top it up with some nuts and choco syrup.
2. Frozen Greek Yoghurt-
- Take some greek yoghurt, frozen fruits(strawberries, blueberry, apples, or blackberries), 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Transfer all of this into a grinder and make a smooth paste.
- Spread the batter into a baking dish and keep it in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- There you go! Your Greek yoghurt ice cream is ready.
3. Yasso Greek Yoghurt Bars
4. reBLEND Frozen Smoothie Shots
You have so many healthy ice cream options to choose from, dairy-free or no sugar, even homemade! Hence find out the healthiest ice cream from yourself.
All these healthy ice cream options will help you when you’re on your diet, cracking for desserts. Try to avoid highly processed ice creams, make sure to read the ingredients list, and choose the best healthy ice cream brand.