We have all heard that during diets we avoid carbohydrates and fats as much as possible and increase the intake of protein. These three primary substances work in different ways in the body. While fats and carbs are major sources of energy, protein is responsible for tissue repairs and hence termed as build blocks.
The main reason to increase protein content is that they aren’t exactly stored inside our body like carbs and fats. So, stopping carbs and fats might seem feasible but it’s not a good choice to lower protein, or else the body is inclined to become weak. Protein diets are helpful to burn fats and carbs and sometimes proteins are also used to provide energy for daily function. Healthy, protein-packed cookies can be very convenient to find the perfect blend of diet and also satiate cravings to eat something sweet. Diet or not, these cookies can be taken anytime you wish.
Why is protein needed by our body?
Proteins are made up of amino acids and these are used for everyday processes like immunity building, enzyme formation, and many such important processes in our body. With the help of the same, they transport molecules throughout the body. Decreased amounts of protein can eventually result in complications, such as failure in growth, damage of muscle mass, and deteriorated functioning of the heart and lungs.
Daily protein intake quantities
As a part of a balanced diet, protein is an essential contributor.
4-8 age group children- about 19-20 grams
Man’s protein intake – 56 grams per day
Woman’s protein intake – 46 grams per day
Know more about daily protein intakes.
Vegan protein cookies
Vegan refers to the use of products that are cruelty-free and does not use any animal products.
Cravings are always heightened when we follow a strict diet schedule. Trying to lose weight gets harder when we don’t get to eat the things we love so much and who doesn’t love cookies. The perfectly soft and chewy texture on the inside and crispy chocolate chips on the crust makes them the snack we all need with milk or just something to munch on.
Finding the perfect recipe to fulfill your childhood classic snack and your vegan lifestyle is very crucial. Cookies can be incredibly easy to make. They require less time to cook and the dough is an easy blend of all ingredients topped with chocolate chips.
Let’s look at a recipe for a healthy, protein-packed cookie that can get you started.
1. Chunky chocolate chips vegan cookies
Total cooking time- 10 minutes
Total preparation time- 10 minutes
- Oats (gluten-free)- 1 cup or 90g
- Maple syrup – ¼ cup or 80g (sugar replacement)
- Peanut butter – ¼ cup or 65g
- Protein powder- 1 scoop
- Cinnamon powder- 1 teaspoon
- Salt- half teaspoon
- Chunks of chocolate chip (vegan) – ¼ cup
II. Method of preparation
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Use a sifter and mix oats, salt, and protein powder, cinnamon powder together for the dry ingredients
- For the wet ingredients- maple syrup, peanut butter.
- To this, combine the dry ingredients and fold them in well.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix them in.
- Take one spoon full of mixture and place it on the baking pan.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes until it turns golden brown.
2. Sunflower chocolate protein-packed cookie
Total cooking time- 15 minutes
Total preparation time- 15 minute
- Ground chia seeds – 2 tablespoon
- Whole wheat flour – 2 and ¼ cup
- Coconut sugar – ¾ cup and 2 tablespoons
- Protein powder – 1/4 cup
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Butter vegan – 1 cup
- Vegan chocolate chips – 1 cup
- Sunflower seeds – ¼ cup
II. Method of preparation
- The baking pan is sprayed with butter and lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes at low speed.
- Prep the chia seeds with water (6 tablespoons).
- Take a separate bowl and mix the dry ingredients – protein powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- To butter-sugar mixture add chia seed and combine well.
- Add little by little flour mixture followed by sunflower seeds and chocolate chips.
- With the help of a spoon make round balls and line them on the baking sheet and press down gently.
- Bake for 10 minutes till golden brown.
3. Chocolate chips banana vegan cookies:
Total cooking time- 20 minutes
Total preparation time- 15 minutes
- Ripened mash bananas – 2
- Peanut butter- 2 tbsp or 30g
- Maple syrup- 2tbsp or 30g;
- Plant-based milk- 4 tbsp or 60g
- Whole wheat flour ½ cup or 60g
- Protein Powder – 2 tbsp or 30g
- Baking powder- 3/4 tsp
- dairy-free chocolate chips – 1/4 cup or 60g
II. Method of preparation:
- The baking pan is lined with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix mashed banana, peanut butter, maple syrup, and milk in a bowl.
- Sift in flour, protein powder, and baking powder.
- Add chocolate chips, and fold it in.
- The down will be a little runny.
- Take a spoon full of batter and place it on the pan.
- Bake for 10- 15 minutes until golden brown.
Vegan protein cookies are the healthiest type of cookies. They need to have carbs and protein ratios to be approximately equal for best absorption in the body. Starting with protein powders, use the ones recommended by your dietitian. Try out a few protein powder recipes. Sugars are replaced by natural sweetening ingredients like maple syrup and they also contain nuts and bananas for better taste and also health. These healthy, protein-packed cookies are hunger saviors and tend to keep you fuller for longer.
Dig into any of the easy recipes mentioned above and make the perfect snack for you after your tough gym workout and eat then totally guilt-free!.