A good weight loss program involves the right exercise regime, the correct diet plan and a positive mindset. We all know how a diet affects a weight loss program and therefore through this article, we are going to talk about one such celebrated way of dieting which is known as juicing.
Considered as one of the best ways to detoxify the body or to kickstart a diet plan, many websites and magazines tout juicing for weight loss as being extremely beneficial. However, with all that being said, according to nutritionists and dieticians, juicing may not be the ideal solution for weight loss and can also increase the risk of further aggravating the situation.
Curious to know more? Continue reading the article then as we share with you all the types of juicing and whether you should include juicing in your weight loss program or not.
Check out the insights of Worried About Your Cholesterol: 8 Natural Ways To Lower Cholesterol.
What is juicing?
Juicing is a process of discarding the skin, seeds and pulp of fruits and vegetables and consuming only the liquid portion of them. The process can be done manually or with the help of a juicer. There are usually different methods for producing the juices and the different types of juices produced are:
In this process, the juice is extracted using the help of a centrifugal juice extractor. Make sure when following this method, you use an extractor that has a fast-spinning blade and a mesh that can easily remove the pulp.
Juices made through this process are made from crushing and pressing in a masticating juicer. The main difference between pressed and cold-pressed juice is that of the machinery used. The juice extractor used in the pressed juice process tends to generate a lot of heat which disrupts the yielding process.
As the name suggests, in this process, the juice extracted is by using a hand or a non-mechanical juicer.
In this procedure, the pressed juice has not undergone any type of pasteurization and is said to have typically a very short shelf life.
The juice extracted is heated to kill harmful microbes and also has an extended shelf life.
In this process, the pasteurization procedure involves pressure instead of heat.
Some effective options of juices to burn belly fat
Listed below are some of the most effective juice options that are not only nutritious and yummy but will also help you to achieve your diet goal in no time.
- Carrot juice- Carrots are the superfood that you should go for in your juicing diet. They are low in calories and full of fibre. A glass of carrot juice will keep you full and therefore prevent any you from binge-eating. Carrot juice helps in stimulating bile juice secretion which helps in burning fat easily.
- Orange juice- One of our personal favourites, orange juice has always been the best low-calorie replacement for our fizzy drinks. It is extremely low on calories and is also considered as a negative-calorie drink i.e., it has fewer calories than the body needs to burn.
- Beetroot juice- This juice has no fats and calories and is packed with other essential nutrients. It also helps in maintaining a healthy bowel movement.
- Amla juice- A great way to kickstart the day is to have a glass of amla juice. It not only keeps our digestive system healthy but also accelerates metabolism and burns the unwanted fat from our body quickly.
Apart from the above-mentioned, you can also opt for karela, cucumber, pomegranate, cabbage, watermelon, pineapple and bottle gourd juices.
Potential health benefits of juicing for weight loss
Some potential benefits of including the juices in your daily diet are:
- Juicing helps you to increase the intake of fruits and vegetables through your diet. Fruits and vegetables are packed with nutrients and they tend to be very low on calories. Following a calorie-controlled diet helps in supporting your weight loss program.
- According to studies, juicing for weight loss helps in boosting heart health and is also effective in combating certain types of cancer.
- Mood swings and irritation are some of the common signs noticed in people following a certain diet plan. Antioxidants and different plant compounds present in juices help in improving mood and maintain proper energy and appetite.
Potential health concerns of juicing for weight loss
As mentioned earlier, nutritionists and dieticians worldwide are anxious over the fact that there are certain aspects of juicing that can be extremely harmful to the health of an individual. Some of the possible health concerns are:
- We know that fruits and vegetables are packed with nutrients but consuming only their juices does not provide all the nutrients required for maintaining a healthy body. Only juicing for weight loss does not result in a balanced and healthy diet.
- The fibre from fruits and vegetables are removed while making the juices and with that, the overall nutrition of the ingredients decreases as well.
- We know drinking four oranges through a 16-ounce cup is much easier than eating four oranges entirely. Therefore, there is a high chance of gaining weight due to an increase in calorie intake.
- Fruits and vegetables can be packed with nutrients but they are not good sources of fat. And healthy fats are needed for the proper functioning of the body.
- Not only for fats and fibres but juicing also does not provide the adequate nutrients required for the proper functioning of the body.
- Following only a juicing diet usually leaves a person weak, hungry and tired. Since a large proportion of calories is cut from a person’s diet, the body then has a very low reservoir of energy to work from.
- Juicing is not a safe diet plan for people affected by diabetes as the juices are generally rich in carbs and sugar and affect the optimum sugar levels in their bloodstream.
Check out here too, Want To Be More Flexible? Here’s What You Need To Do ASAP.
Now there you go, everything you need to know about the juicing for weight loss diet. We can suggest that, instead of going on a liquid diet, you can include healthy and nutritious juices as add-ons to your ongoing diet.
Following only the juicing diet can cause you to overeat, slow down the metabolism rate and also affect your overall health in the process. However, if you add the juices as add-ons to your diet, it will not only help you to lose weight faster but will also improve your general health and detoxify your system simultaneously. Also, make sure to consult a dietician or a nutritionist before juicing so that they can advise you with proper regulations and guidelines.