Ever heard about multi-masking? Each one of us must have come across pictures of colourful selfies of people experimenting with various face masks.
When you do your makeup you need multiple products, you cannot just use your lipstick as a foundation, concealer, eyeshadow and contour. You need a particular product for each concern, just like that one type of mask cannot meet all of your skin concerns. That’s when Multi-masking was discovered, and it became a sensation in 2017.
It was inspired by professional beauticians who tried multi-masking for healthy-looking skin on their clients. Multi-masking targets various sections of your skin makes your skin perfect and gives a better finish.
Primarily there are three forms of face masks: clay form, sheet form and splash form. Want all of these in one form? Don’t worry, we also have that. Multi-masking will provide you with the best of three with extra benefits.
Multi-masking for healthy-looking skin is the process of applying various masks targeting each part of your face such as nose, forehead and cheeks to fulfil all the needs of your face at once.
Following a perfect multi-masking routine for glowing skin will give instant results within weeks and is one of the most soothing and relaxing ways to pamper yourself.
It is most ideal for combination skin but if you have a sensitive type of skin, be cautious, select gentle products and use them before testing them on your hands.
Despite having different skin types and concerns, the ways to master multi-masking for healthy-looking skin for any person remains the same.
- Zoning: This is where you identify and distinguish each face zone from another, for example, you may have an oily T-zone and dry cheeks.
Now, you can use a mattifying or clay mask on oily parts and a moisturising or water-retaining hyaluronic acid mask on dry parts.
- Layering: This is when you will know when to apply which mask first. Layering should be done in such a way that one mask does not obstruct the absorption of the other. For example, sheet masks go well with creamy, liquidy masks.
- One after the other: Instead of trying the layering way, you can go for two forms of mask one by one.
Benefits of Multi-masking for healthy-looking skin
- It provides spa-like treatment at home.
- Layering improves product penetration into the skin if you have dehydrated skin.
- It lets you customize your mask and you can find what’s best for you.
- It saves your money by not going to a spa and buying expensive products.
- It saves your time. You can just wear a mask instead of doing a long skincare routine.
- It maintains your skin.
Face Mask Ideas
Here are some easy face mask ideas you can try at home:
Juice Cleanse Mask
Take a bowl and add two tablespoons of coconut milk powder, freeze-dried strawberry powder and blueberry powder. Mix it and keep it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. When it’s done, add some water to get a creamy texture and that’s it.
Leave the mask for 10-12 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water. Don’t forget to moisturize your face.
Take a bowl and add mashed ripe avocado, one tablespoon of oat bran and raw honey. Mix it and apply it to your dry face.
Keep the mask for 10-12 minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water and apply moisturiser.
Cocoa Dream Hydrating Mask
Take a bowl and add one-quarter of mashed avocado, one tablespoon of honey and cocoa powder. Mix it and apply it to your dry face.
Keep the mask for 10-12 minutes, rinse it off with warm water and apply moisturiser.
Stress Relief Mask
Take a bowl and add one tablespoon of oat powder and turmeric powder, four tablespoons of kaolin clay and chamomile powder. Transfer it to a blender and mix it up. When done, take out a scoop of the mixture and add one tablespoon of raw honey and plain yoghurt. Let that creamy mix sit for 20 minutes and apply it to your face.
Keep the mask for 15-18 minutes and use a soft cloth dipped in warm water to wash it off.
Take a bowl and add one tablespoon of turmeric and honey. Mix it and apply it to your dry face.
Keep the mask for 14-20 minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water and apply moisturiser. You can even apply some ice on your face after washing off the mask.
Organic Banana Mask
Take a bowl and add one-half mashed banana, one tablespoon of honey and orange juice. Mix it and apply it to your face.
Keep the mask for 15-20 minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water and apply moisturiser.
With these 6 face mask ideas, you can try multi-masking for healthy-looking skin.
Perfect Multi-Masking Routine For Glowing Skin
- Make sure your face is clean and use a cleanser suiting your skin type to cleanse your face.
- Exfoliate your skin with chemical exfoliation and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Use a face scrub to rinse away the exfoliant. Remember to massage your face in circular directions.
- Choose any two or three masks you want to apply, for example, use a clay mask on your T-zone and use a hydrating mask on the rest of the face.
- First apply the clay mask, wait for 15-20 minutes and let that set. Use another mask and wait for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and you can even use a soft cloth dipped in water to remove the mask.
- Leave your face like that for 5 minutes and apply your toner.
- Apply face serums if you want to.
- End your perfect multi-masking routine for glowing skin by gently massaging your face with a moisturiser.
- Use your multi-mask after showering.
- Exfoliating your face is a necessary step to do away with your dead skin cells.
- Try micro-needling to enhance your face mask.
- Trying just 2 masks won’t do the work, try more than 3 masks to improve your skin.
- To evenly spread your mask, use a brush like a foundation brush.
- Avoid over-masking and aggressive formulas.
- Use safflower oil, hyaluronic acid, glycerin and mineral oil (lipid-rich agents) containing masks on the driest parts of your skin.
- Use liquorice, algae, vitamin C, glycolic acid and kojic acid containing masks if you have dark spots.
- Use salicylic acid and white clay containing masks if you have blemishes and pimples.
- Use clay, charcoal and mud containing masks if you have dry skin.
- You can even steam your face after exfoliating.
- Apply lip and eye patches separately.
These life-saving multi-masking tips will give you top-notch, clear skin.
Following the perfect multi-masking routine for glowing skin and multi-masking tips will give you good results. Make sure to read the instructions carefully and do not expect them to treat your skin concerns.
Try multi-masking for healthy-looking skin and see amazing results!