A natural glow is a major component and indication of healthy skin. But, certain factors can affect your skin and make it look dull and tired such as- stress, lack of sleep, ageing and even your diet. In order to enhance our appearance, one must concentrate on our skin as it plays a very important role in enhancing our overall look. So our primary motivation to look good should be to maintain healthy skin. One can achieve healthy skin by not using expensive products on their face or body but by sticking to a healthy lifestyle. Healthy skin makes you look younger than you are.
Everyone desires for healthy younger-looking skin, and one can achieve it by inculcating some healthy habits or changing their unhealthy routine.
Naturally beautiful skin dos: What you should follow
- The first and foremost step towards a naturally radiant skin is the removal of make-up completely before going to bed. One can also use hydrating serums before going to bed.
- Always follow the three-step for hydrated- younger-looking skin- cleansing, toning, moisturizing.
- Exfoliation is another effective step in eliminating all dead skin cells. Therefore, you must exfoliate your skin once or twice a week.
- Whenever you go out, use sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful sunlight UV rays.
- One can also use hydrating sheet masks or homemade face masks to nourish their skin and get that glow.
- Drink plenty of water, fruits and vegetables. Stay away from unhealthy food. It helps to give a natural glow to your skin.
Naturally beautiful skin don’ts: What should you avoid at all cost
- Do not use too much cosmetics on your face. It does not let the skin breathe and clogs pores, resulting in breakouts.
- Never buy cheap cosmetic products. Especially foundations and BB creams. Go for only tested products with the least chemicals.
- Avoid using bleaching creams on your face. You are perfect the way you are, no matter what your skin shade is.
- Don’t miss the moisturizer. Not even in summers. Always use natural ingredients based moisturizer. While you might not feel dry, it is necessary to moisturize your skin to balance its hydration content. You can select a moisturizer based on temperature.
- Do not go out in the sun from 11 to 3 pm. If necessary do not forget to use sunscreen. It is the day that the sun rays are highest and can affect the skin adversely. Using a good sunscreen will make sure that your skin is not directly exposed to harmful UV rays.
How to get naturally beautiful skin
The following are effective home remedies to get amazing glowing skin at home:
Honey is an excellent treatment for the skin when taken internally and externally. Take one tablespoon of honey and add it with one tablespoon of lime juice. Mix it well and apply it all over your face. Let it dry for 15-20 mins and then wash your face with water. Honey is a popular skin treatment that can benefit oily and acne-prone skin due to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Honey also acts as a moisturizer and keeps the skin moist, but does not make it oily and gives you a natural glow.
For best results use it at least twice a week.
This fruit offers a lot of benefits due to its nutritional content. What people are less aware of is its moisturizing capacity. Banana acts as a great moisturizer and nourishment for the skin. It not only hydrates the skin but also improves its texture in the long run.
Mash a ripe banana and apply the paste directly on the skin. Banana is known to cure even the driest skin types. Bananas are high in vitamin A which helps restore moisture in the skin making it smooth and soft.
Cucumber is another natural way to add extra brilliance and radiance to your face. It acts wonders when it comes to skin healing and moisturizing. Cucumber is rich in water content which helps to hydrate the skin, it also helps to fight acne.
Peel and cut into small pieces of medium size cucumber. Then run it through a mixer and pour this pure on a cotton cloth or a fine sieve. Let the water drain out then mix it with 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply it on your face and keep it for 20 mins. Uses at least 3-4 times a week for best results.
The papain enzyme present in papaya acts as a powerful exfoliator of the skin and removes dead cells that make the face clearer and softer. Furthermore, the plant compounds present in papayas and abundance of beta-carotene improves skin glow and moisturization.
Take mashed papaya and massage for five minutes on your skin. Wash your skin with milk, then water, your skin will feel clearer and softer than before. Papaya feeds your skin with vitamin A and helps extract dead skin rejuvenates the skin by feeding it with vitamin A and Papain Enzyme.
Aloe vera is a widely used ingredient for skin treatment, ranging from sheet masks, creams, face wash, face pack and aloe vera gel. Aloe vera acts as a protective skin layer and helps to refill the moisture of the skin. Aloe vera contains many antioxidants, including beta-carotene, vitamin C and E, which can help and contribute to improving and hydrating the skin and restoring the skin’s natural firmness. This means that a variety of minor problems can be healed with the use of this gel-like component of the plant.
Inculcate a healthy lifestyle with a healthy diet to get your desired naturally beautiful skin. Make sure you do not overuse these natural ingredients as it may damage your skin rather than healing it. stay away from ingredients that you are allergic to.
Do not be afraid of consulting a certified dermatologist if you suspect something strange. Auto-inspection is good, but you sometimes need expert advice in order to correct a severe problem. Take good care of yourself and ensure that you take a well-balanced diet. Do know that a healthy diet does wonderful things for your skin and that these fruit, veggies and nuts are not ruled out.