It amazes us to no end to think that how science has been developing over the years. Had you thought five years back that by just popping in a pill you could meet your daily dose of intake of vitamins everyday?
Sounds interesting, right? Well, we are talking about Neurobion Forte, the one-stop solution for all Vitamin B deficiencies.
What is Neurobion Forte?
Neurobion Forte is a vitamin supplement that contains a combination of different B vitamins. It is generally consumed as oral medicine, however, if a person is suffering from severe vitamin B deficiencies, it can also be used as an injection.
Since Neurobion Forte is the supplement used for Vitamin B complex, we should have the basic idea about what function Vitamin B provides for the body.
Vitamin B complex is a group of water-soluble vitamins that are naturally present in the diet we consume. It plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy body and total wellness of the body. As considered the building blocks of our immune system, Vitamin B has a direct impact on our energy levels, cell metabolism and brain functions.
Some of the other Vitamin B complex functions in our body are:
- Growth of red blood cells and maintaining proper cell health.
- Maintains good digestion and a healthy appetite.
- Regulates cholesterol and hormone production and also strengthens cardiovascular health.
- Sustains proper nerve function, muscle tone and good eyesight.
Neurobion Forte Composition:
The configuration of Neurobion Forte is as follows-
- Vitamin B1- Thiamine- 10 milligrams
- Vitamin B2- Riboflavin- 10 milligrams
- Vitamin B3- Nicotinamide- 45 milligrams
- Vitamin B5- Calcium Pantothenate- 50 milligrams
- Vitamin B6- Pyridoxine- 3 milligrams
- Vitamin B12- Cobalamin- 15 micro milligrams
Neurobion Forte is generally prescribed to patients who are suffering from mild vitamin B deficiency. It provides only a little benefit for people who are suffering from severe Vitamin B complex deficiency. As we can see already see that in Neurobion Forte provides 15 micro milligrams of Vitamin B12 but people suffering from Vitamin B12 deficiency needs approximately 500 micro milligrams of Vitamin B12 to intake every day.
Benefits Of Neurobion Forte:
Neurobion forte provides a whole range of benefits for the body, some of which are listed down below:
- Prevents and treats Vitamin B deficiencies.
- Improves the proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves nutrient absorption and the metabolism of the body.
- Maintains healthy skin and hair.
- Promotes liver health.
The components of Neurobion Forte provides unique benefits of their own.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Breaks down the sugars in the diet.
- Improves heart and nerve cells for proper functioning in the body.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Helps in proper absorption of the food and releases energy in the process.
- Essential for body growth and RBC production in the blood.
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide)
- Sustains normal cell growth and function.
- Maintains healthy hair and skin.
- Looks after the functioning of the nervous system in the body.
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate)
- Production of hormones and regulation of cholesterol levels in the body.
- Supervises metabolism of the food.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- It plays a vital role in the production of red blood cells in the body.
- It helps in nutrient absorption and converts the food into energy.
- Maintains the proper functioning of the brain and nervous system.
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin): Essential for protein metabolism, RBC production and nervous system maintenance.
Who needs Neurobion Forte?
Neurobion Forte is generally prescribed to patients who are suffering from mild Vitamin B deficiency.
Now, how to understand you are suffering from Vitamin B deficiency?
Upon encountering the following symptoms:
- Anaemia, fatigue, weakness and headache
- Unintended weight loss
- Nerve Damage with nerve pain and tingling sensation in hands and feet.
- Confusion and depression
- Memory problem and dementia
- Poor immune function with kidney, skin and liver problems
- In some extreme cases, Vitamin B12 deficiency can also unbearable chest pain and uneasiness.
One should consult a doctor for proper medication and treatments.
Although Neurobion Forte is generally prescribed when suffering from deficiency, it can also be designated when these conditions arise:
When you are
- Over the age of 50
- Suffering from chronic health conditions.
- Follow a vegan diet.
- Consume medicines like metformin or acid reducers.
Side Effects Of Neurobion Forte
As already stated, Vitamin B complex is water-soluble, therefore if you consume an excess of it, no side effects are generally observed as the body absorbs that it needs and the rest of it excreted out through the urine.
That been said, however, it has been noticed that Neurobion Forte may have some potential side effects like:
- Loose, watery stools or diarrhoea
- Excessive urination or if consumed in excess can lead turn the urine colour to bright yellow.
- Has the potential risk of causing damage to the nervous system of the body.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Although considered to be rare, allergic reactions and rashes can be observed in some sensitive people.
- Difficulty in breathing and swelling of face and mouth.
Who should avoid Neurobion Forte?
- Women who are breastfeeding and people with diabetes, hypertension and liver and kidney problems.
- People who are consuming other medical supplements and that can cause unwanted reactions with Neurobion Forte.
- If a person is allergic to any component present in Neurobion Forte.
- If the person is going to undergo surgery or operation.
- If he or she consumes too much alcohol.
Consumption of Neurobion Forte
Neurobion Forte can be consumed as a daily oral nutritional supplement. Read the label carefully before consumption to check whether you are allergic to any component or not. Take as directed and at a fixed time for better efficiency of the medication. Generally, one tablet per day is advised but you can consume as prescribed.
There you go, everything about Neurobion Forte. This tablet has been creating waves in the health industry due to its abundant health benefits. By just consuming a tablet a day, you can cure the mild deficiency in your body. However, we always suggest that you should always consult your doctor before starting any medication and also follow their said guidelines.