Most of us have a big misconception that aging is an excruciating process that makes us look old, dull, and tired, gain weight, slow, more prone to getting sick, and developing memory issues.
But that’s not accurate and genuine! The cause of you looking old and tired does not have anything to do with your age. It all depends on the way your organs and body function.
All you have to do is improve or maintain the way your body performs. How do you do that? Well, you need to develop/continue with your healthy habits such as exercising, proper sleeping, drinking water, following a diet, etc.
Once you achieve that, you will not look old and tired.
Human bodies are capable of remaining fit and fine if you keep supplying the products they need! You need to adjust your body as you become older, if you are in your 30s you cannot consume the same amount of sugar or alcohol as you did in your 20s.
Healthy lifestyle habits to embrace
With proper workouts, correct ways to sleep, eat and de-stress, you can look young! You must avoid habits that make you look old, such as:
- staying up all night
- eating too little each day and too much the other day
- using wrong products for your face
- exposing yourself to UV rays for longer periods
- too much stressing
- constantly using mobile phones or watching TV
- ignoring your neck and hands
- not taking proper rest
Exercises to look young
Exercises are beneficial for all ages and can be done to achieve various purposes, even to not look old and tired. Some of the exercises that can make you look young are:
- Stand tall with your feet apart and slowly go down, taking a squat position.
- Knees should be bent and at 90 degrees with the floor.
- Join your hands and hold that position for 15-20 seconds.
- As you rise, jump, place your feet together and another jump to place your feet apart.
- Repeat this 15-20 times.
- Stand tall with feet together and hold dumbbells in each hand.
- Keep your hands by your side and take a step forward with your right leg.
- Slightly push your body forward, bend both knees and touch the floor with your left knee.
- Hold that position for 15-20 minutes.
- Get up, go back to the initial position and do the same on the other side.
- Repeat this 10-15 times on each side.
- Lie on the floor facing the ceiling with feet together and open palms placed on the floor.
- Bend both of your knees and keep your feet together. You will also gain stronger glute muscles.
- Squeeze in your glutes and raise your hips upwards.
- Your thighs, butt, and back should make a straight line as you raise it.
- Hold that position for 2-3 seconds.
- Go back to the initial position and repeat this 20 times.
- Lie on the floor facing the ceiling with feet together and palms facing the floor.
- Raise both the legs towards the ceiling till they make a 90-degree angle with the floor.
- Slowly lower them about a few inches off the floor and hold that position for 5-8 seconds.
- Rest and repeat this 15 times.
- Fishy Pout- Squeeze in your cheeks and pout like a goldfish.
- Stretch- Stretch your neck by turning your head sideways and upwards.
- Flying Kiss- Make a kissing face, don’t use your hands, and act like you’re kissing the air.
- Balloon- Act like you’re blowing a balloon and slowly hold your lips together.
- Chewing- Eat a gum and keep chewing it or act as if you are chewing gum.
- Frowning- Scrunch your eyebrows, nose, and forehead like you are angry.
You can do all these exercises 5 to 10 times continuously and always look young.
Foods to avoid ageing and look young
This low-sugar fruit is rich in vitamins A and C with an age-defying antioxidant named anthocyanin which can help you look young. It can protect your skin from pollution, sun, damage, and stress.
They can protect us from radical damage and inflammation. It consists of punicalagin, which can slow the signs of aging and preserve collagen in your skin.
They contain monounsaturated fats with other unsaturated fats, which can prevent your skin from dryness and nourish your skin. Avocados are full of:
- Vitamin A, B, C, E and K
All these nutrients help you to look young and gorgeous.
Not only do they add taste to your food but also help your skin to look better and young. They boost collagen production, reduce skin damage and prevent age spots. Spices to try:
- Chill peppers
5. Dark Chocolate or Cocoa
It is more effective than berries and can reduce blood pressures, improve skin elasticity and protect your skin from sun damage.
Rich in Lycopene which reduces wrinkles, risk of heart disease, stroke, and prostate cancer. It protects you from the UV rays of the sun and serves as one of the ways you can look young.
Great source of vitamin E and they can protect your skin from UV rays, repair skin tissue, and retain skin moisture. Walnuts and almonds are great nuts to look young.
Filled with nutrients such as fibre, calcium, lutein, antioxidants, vitamins K and C, and folate. It also preserves the brain’s memory.
This is a great source of multiple nutrients including potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, and vitamins. These greens can also boost your immunity and provide glowing skin.
It increases skin elasticity, reduces fine lines and wrinkles. You will be able to look young and happy.
Tips to look good
- Don’t forget to use a foundation having the same tone as your neck.
- Include vitamin C and A in your skincare routine.
- Try a Korean skincare routine.
- Use lip tint instead of lipstick.
- Wear sunscreen on your neck and face when going out.
- Use acid peel(salicylic and glycolic acid) twice a week to not look old and tired.
- Apply castor oil to your eyebrows to make them thicker and fuller.
- Use collagen supplements on yourself.
- Treat your hair as preciously as you treat your skin.
- Don’t skip on your workouts.
- Moisturize your face, chest and neck properly.
- Use body lotion after shower.
- Drink lots of water to hydrate your skin.
- Smile and laugh more.
All these exercises, foods and tips will help you to not look old and tired. Lead a happy, healthy, and glowing life!