With the increasing number of skin complications in today’s world, numerous modern age treatments are being created. One of which is radiofrequency micro-needling. This treatment acts on the damaged tissues to give them a new life. It rejuvenates the skin and makes it smoother and flawless. So, if you are planning to through this therapy, here’s all you need to know.
What is radiofrequency micro-needling?
Radiofrequency micro needling is a new age modern method to elevate the skin’s texture and quality. It gives a significant improvement to the appearance of the skin by making beneficial changes in the deep tissues and collagen fiber.
This method involves specialized needles that will deliver high-intensity radiofrequency energy into the targeted area of the skin to achieve the necessary results. Along with improving the skin’s tissues, it also removes wrinkles, scars, and other skin issues. Overall, it is a great treatment that will make your skin look younger and healthier.
Procedure for radiofrequency micro-needling
An hour before this procedure begins, you will be needing a numbing cream, which will act as an anesthesia equivalent for the skin. This application will be done by the dermatologist itself. It is done to avoid any pain or discomfort that is going to be caused by the needles in the targeted areas.
The next step is to get started with the radiofrequency machine, which is usually known as the INFINI. This advanced equipment will begin its work by gently pressing on the skin of the targeted area. During this phase, the needles present on the tip of the machine will transfer radiofrequency energy to a desired depth of the skin.
The intensity of the needles, as well as that of the machine, depends on the patient’s requirements. According to that, the doctor will set the depth to which the needles are going to penetrate the skin. This task is carried out with precision and is continued until the desired results are achieved.
How much is radiofrequency micro-needling going to cost you?
The cost of the treatment varies according to the patient’s various needs. If the procedure that is going to be done is involving a lot of work, it will certainly cost more than the usual and vice versa.
The cost of the treatment also depends on the specific type of treatment, the type of device involved, the number of therapy sessions one is going to undergo, the location of the treatment as well as the experience and fame of the dermatologist.
Keeping in mind all the basic expenses, the radiofrequency micro needling treatment package comes with an average cost of $825 and can range between $100 to $2250.
Benefits of radiofrequency micro-needling
- Fine lines and wrinkles
Fine lines and wrinkles are caused due to aging, excessive exposure to UV light or tobacco. When wrinkles appear earlier in age, one should go for this treatment. The energy from the needles helps in minimizing the fine lines and the wrinkles significantly by encouraging the growth of new collagen fibers.
- Removes pigmentation
Pigmentation occurs on the skin due to aging, hormonal changes, excessive sun exposure, and even skin injuries or inflammation. All these factors increase the level of melanin in the skin that gives rise to pigmentation.
Radiofrequency micro needling removes pigmentation by encouraging new collagen growth as well as tissue tightening. This also gets rid of extra melanin from the depth of the skin. This procedure will take more than one session.
- Acne scars and enlarged pores
This treatment helps in removing the acne scars as well as enlarged pores. It stimulates the tightening of the tissues to fill the enlarged pores and encourages the removal of dead skin cells as well.
- Rejuvenates the skin
Apart from being a great help in removing visible skin problems, it also makes the skin look healthier and younger. The energy emitted from the needles removes old skin cells and stimulates the growth of new ones. Thus, improving the quality and texture of the skin.
Below are the rules one must follow after undergoing radiofrequency micro- needling therapy. Taking these precautions will prevent common side effects as some skin types are prone to be sensitive for undergoing this procedure.
- The doctor will apply the necessary moisturizer just after the procedure is over. They might prescribe you certain antibiotic creams or medications. Make sure you follow them without any fail to avoid any kind of infection.
- Do not engage your face in performing excess activities such as smiling wide or laughing too hard. The reason is that the muscles have gone through a traumatic experience and they need a few hours to recover from the therapy. Rest your body for a day before getting back to doing the daily chores.
- In the first two weeks after the procedure, avoid going out in the sun. Your skin might be more sensitive to UV rays than usual.
- Protect your skin from sun exposure by applying a generous amount of sunscreen to the treated area. Do not step out in the sun without any UV ray protective handy.
- Avoid any application of make-up on the treated skin for 24 hours. After this duration, make sure you apply minimal make-up which consists of fewer chemicals in it.
- Avoid activities, such as swimming and intense workouts, that will make your blood pressure high and will make you sweat heavily. You are free to resume these types of activities after 72 hours.
Disadvantages of radiofrequency micro needling
- It involves multiple therapy sessions and a few months to fully develop its effect.
- The numbing cream might lessen the pain caused by hot needles but it will certainly cause some amount of discomfort.
- People with dark skin tones can get hyperpigmentation after going through this treatment.
- If the treatment is not performed by an experienced dermatologist, it can cause more damage to the skin.
Lastly, radiofrequency micro-needling is one of the minimally invasive techniques that has its unique advantages and disadvantages. Make sure you do your part by realizing the history of your skin and collectively consider which treatment is going to suit your skin type the best.