Have you ever come across a weight-lifter or a bodybuilder and wondered how they got those brawny, beefy, and sick muscles? This article will help you to know about Simplify Muscle Development Workouts.
Well, you need to understand that the weight-lifter had to go through intense training challenges with proper rest and nutrition to get those gains. You can also achieve those muscular muscles by doing simplified workouts but first, you need to know what it takes to build muscles and why you should build muscles.
Muscles grow when there is a growth in the mass, density, and shape of muscle cells. When you do intense exercise, HIIT, or resistance training, there are muscle growth due to an increased water level, the number of connective tissues, and myofibrils(cylindrical bundle of filaments containing sarcomeres which are the fundamental unit of contraction of muscles).
The results of these workouts may differ as each person has their own potential. Your muscle growth is also affected by hormones like growth hormone, cortisol, testosterone, beta-endorphin, and parathyroid hormone. Following a proper diet that suits your body, training yourself, and taking enough rest will help you put on muscle.
Muscles respond to your demands(lifting weights, running, or strenuous workouts), calories and proteins.
Why you should build muscles?
Muscle-building workouts keep you in shape, giving you a better external appearance. You start to feel confident and good about yourself. There is also a decrease in your stress level as workouts increase the flow of endorphins.
There is an increase in the metabolic rate which helps you burn more fat. It builds up your core, improving your coordination and balance which protects you from future injuries. It strengthens your bones, tendons, and ligaments.
It improves your cardiovascular functions and reduces the risk of heart diseases. The muscle-building workouts empower you with immense strength and you can do everyday activities without any problems.
Keys to muscle building
You need to know the main keys which are required to simplify your muscle building. It doesn’t matter if you are already halfway into your back muscles workout or you are about to start working out.
- Volume: It is defined as Sets×Reps×Weight depending upon a muscle group. The more volume, the more your muscles will develop. 60-120 reps per week is a good way to start your muscle-building workout.
- Intensity: It is the heaviness you experience when you lift a weight. The heavier the weights, the more your muscles will grow.
- Progression: With time you need to stretch yourself and go for more. Keep adding weights, reps, and sets as you progress.
- Nutrition: You need to eat proper meals so that you get the energy. The more calories you consume, the easier it gets to grow muscles. You need to find a properly balanced diet for yourself including carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- Recovery: Continuous exercise can cause harm to your muscles. You need to take enough rest and relax as much as possible. You need to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night to combat stress and anxiety.
- Variety: Do not just blindly follow simplified workouts, add your magic to it. Add extra movements and use equipment like a stretching band. You can also combine two exercises and form them into one.
- Range of Motion: It is the direction and distance a muscle can move to. The longer the range of motion taken by your muscle, the more will be your muscle growth.
- Consistency: Your muscles continue to build up for 25-37 days after a workout session. You have to be consistent and do a minimum of 2 sessions per week for a muscle group. You can also do 3 sessions but sometimes it can cause muscle tears and pain.
Simplified muscle building workouts
You can choose how many reps you want but make sure not to exceed more than 30-40 reps per set. Also, do some warm-up exercises before starting your muscle-building workout.
- Take a push-up position and place your hands under your chest making a diamond shape. Keep your backbone straight and lower your body to the ground and then push up.
- Then place your legs on a bench, thereby taking a decline position, and continue to do the push-ups.
- Do 2 sets in the flat position and 2 sets in the decline position.
2. Inverted rows
- Place a bar around your waist height and lie on the floor under the bar with your face up. Hold the bar, slightly wider than shoulder-width.
- Make a straight line with your body and squeeze in your butts.
- Touch the bar with your chest by pulling yourself up.
- Go back to the initial position and do 2 sets.
3. Pike push-ups
- Start by assuming a push-up position and move your hands closer to your feet.
- Keep your legs straight, such that your body makes an upside-down V shape.
- Bend your elbows and lower your upper body till your nose nearly touches the floor.
- Keep your elbows tucked and your head should be in between both your hands as it goes down and comes up.
- Make sure to do 3 sets.
4. Sliding lat pulldowns
- Lay on the floor and use anything for grip.
- Roll a mat and place it under your thighs.
- Perform a pull-down by pulling your elbows down and feel the lats as you continue to do so. You can do 2 sets of this exercise.
- Slightly bent your knees while standing.
- Lower your body down to the floor touching your toes and bend your hips.
- Keep your hands on the floor and go away from your torso as if you’re crawling.
- Take a plank position and get up.
- Repeat the same and do 2 sets.
- Stand tall and take one step forward with one leg.
- Touch the floor with your back knee and lower your body.
- The upper thigh of the front leg should be parallel to the floor.
- Hold in position for 2 seconds and get up.
- Do the same again with another leg and make sure to do 2 sets on each side.
The above-mentioned six exercises should be included in your simplified workout session.
Adding to all of these, wrist curl dumbbell exercises, calf-raise, triceps extension, biceps curl, lying dumbbell fly, hamstring leg curls, split squats, chest press, step-ups and burpees are some of the more simple muscle building workouts which you can add to your session.
It is recommended that you do this workout at least 3-4 times a week.
In case you feel pain in your muscles, it means you have sore muscles. This is a good sign as it shows you have worked hard and there is progress. To get rid of sore muscles and shoulder pain, you need to take enough rest after a workout session. Take medications in case it is too much and ask for someone’s help to give you a warm massage. Avoid direct contact with heat and just use a warm cloth to ease tightness.
Simplifying doesn’t mean that you need to eliminate the hard exercises and use the easy ones with fewer benefits. It means to do alternative exercises in place of intense exercises to get the same results and I’m very sure these simplified muscle-building exercises will work.
Get to work and get those nice muscles!