One of the biggest sensations of Gen-Y star, Tiger Shroff has made a big niche for himself with his acting, fitness and dancing skills, however, the most striking features of this 30-year-old actor are his washboard abs, rippling muscles and the physique of that of a Greek god.
We are sure that on seeing him on the screen doing those somersaults, backflips, tremendous action scenes and effortless dancing, you also have wondered how can someone be so fit. Well, my friend, you are not the only one alone. Seeing him like that really does give us serious fitness goals and therefore we had to bring to you Tiger Shroff’s workout routine and diet plan that will help you to get a better insight on how much attention he gives to his body to achieve that physique and body structure.
Tiger Shroff’s workout routine
Jai Hemanta Shroff aka Tiger Shroff always wanted to be a professional football player and was a fitness enthusiast from childhood. Upon realizing that football did not have much stardom in India, he gave up on his dream and decided to follow his father Jackie Shroff’s footsteps and entered into Bollywood. He might have taken up acting but his heart always belongs to fitness and action which is evident from the movie choices he usually makes.
Tiger Shroff idolises Bruce Lee and is very passionate about working out and does not miss the gym at all. He usually tweaks his workout routines according to the movie and characters he plays but there are certain workout regimes that he always abides by.
Tiger Shroff has functional muscles that mean he may look muscular and bulked up but he is agile and very precise in his movements. This all actually attributes to Tiger Shroff’s whole workout regime that is divided into a seven-day set and where each day focuses on a different part of his body.
A typical Tiger Shroff’s workout routine comprises of:
1. Monday (Focus on the back)
- 12 pull-ups sets with 4-8 repetitions (reps)
- 4 sets of 80-85 kgs of lateral machine pull-downs; 10-12 reps
- 12 sets of 100kgs of one-arm and low dumbbell rolls; 4-8 reps
2.Tuesday ( Focus on the chest)
- Flat bench; 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Incline bench; 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Dumbbell press; 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Chest flye- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
3.Wednesday ( Leg day)
- Squats with 190kg weight on shoulders- 4 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Hamstring curls with 90kg weights- 4 sets/ 4-8reps
- 90kg weight step-ups- 4 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Barbells- 4 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Free squats- 4 sets/ 4-8 reps
4.Thursday (Arms day)
- 60kg weight Olympic barbell curls- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- 32kgs weight dumbbells curls- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- 30kgs weight reverse curls- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Close grip barbell presses- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Press downs- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Skull crushers with 68kg weight- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
6.Friday (Focus on shoulders)
- Shoulder and knee presses with 90kg weights- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Military press- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Lateral raises with dumbbells- 6 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Lateral raises with machine- 6 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Rear flyes with 40kg weight- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Deadlifts with 250 kgs weight- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Squats with 100 kg weight- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Kneel and press with 50 kg weight- 12 sets/ 4-8 reps
- Plyometric push-ups- 12 sets/ 4-8reps
7.Sunday (Abs day)
- Crunches- 12 sets/ 12 reps
- Hanging reverse crunches- 12 sets/ 10-12 reps
- Reverse crunches with 10kgs of loaded weight- 12 sets/ 10-12 reps
- Seated and standing calf presses-12 sets/ 10-12 reps
According to Tiger Shroff, having a perfect body and looking in a certain way is a part and parcel of his job and therefore he is extremely serious about his workout routines. He does not always maintain the similar workout program and changes it up every week by adding martial arts, parkour or dancing and that enables him to break up the monotony.
Tiger Shroff loves dancing while working out and it also forms a major chunk of his cardio exercises. No wonder his effortless dance moves on the screen makes him a dream dancer of the Gen-Y generation! A big fan of Bruce Lee and martial arts, Tiger also includes Kwan Do and Wushu in his daily regime.
Tiger Shroff’s diet plan
Diet plays a very important role in any workout regime and Tiger Shroff is also no exception for the rule. According to him, abs are made in the kitchen and what we eat makes or breaks the body. He is very strict on his carbohydrate and sugar intake and tries to avoid those starchy food items as much as possible.
Tiger Shroff is a nonvegetarian and his diet includes plenty of proteins, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. A typical diet plan of Tiger Shroff usually looks like
- Breakfast- 8 egg whites, oatmeal
- Pre-lunch snack- a large glass of whey shake, dry fruits
- Lunch- Brown rice, chicken, boiled veggies
- Pre-workout snack- protein shake, bananas
- Dinner- Fish, broccoli and green beans
There are also certain tips that Tiger Shroff usually advises to strictly follow by and those measures are:
- Leading a healthy life. Have a balanced diet and avoid smoking and drinking.
- To be trained under the guidance of a skilled trainer.
- Having a sound sleep and proper rest for maintaining a toned physique.
- Hydration is the key to maintain blood pressure during high-intensity workout training. 7-8 litres of water is extremely important to keep your hydration intact in spite of all those sweating around and it also helps you to build lean muscles faster.
- And coming to the last tip that is discipline. Discipline is an extremely important aspect to be included in anyone’s life. It not only helps you to focus and concentrate on your life goals but also motivates you to compete against all the odds and achieve your success.
Now there you go, everything you need to know about the workout routine of Tiger Shroff. We are sure that after reading this article, you will be also highly motivated to start your workout program finally. However, with that being said, do remember that Rome was not built in a day. It takes patience, persistence, hard work and dedication towards your craft to achieve the highest level of success. Make sure to enjoy your workout processes and you will also then be able to enjoy the fruits of your hard labour.