There is a reason why Aaron Smith blessed us with the words “Dancing’s what clears my soul, Dancing’s what makes me whole.” Dancing is about self-expression and recreation and enjoyable physical activity which helps you stay fit and in shape. One of the most effective forms and widely known around the world is line dancing for health for people with aging bodies. An experiment conducted by Mynette Aguilar has positively suggested that let alone younger people, now you can see old people dancing for health benefits.
Why should you dance every day?
For starters, line dancing is always fun. But fun is not the end of what dancing brings into one’s life. There are numerous benefits of line dancing for health, not just young people or adults but even old people dancing for health. It is one of the most effective physical activities because anyone can do it, irrespective of their age or culture. Dancing has no boundaries.
The benefit of losing weight from line dancing for health
People often relate losing weight or staying in shape to pushing oneself to do things like going to the gym, doing pilates, or doing other physical activities that may get boring after a certain time. But dancing never feels boring. Every day you move your body to the upbeat rhythms of different types of music. There is no way you can ever feel bored doing that! Along with having so much fun, here are some benefits outlined that come from line dancing for health:
When it comes to line dancing for health, only spending 30 minutes burns 300 calories on average for every person doing it. The reason being that line dancing for health elevates your heart rate for an extended time period (another way of saying a cardio workout). It also is a type of exercise that involves the strengthening of muscles and overall increased endurance of the body.
This is one of the major reasons why people choose line dancing for health as a way to control weight.
To boost the weight loss process, there are three key factors that one should keep in mind are regarding the workout session are:
- Duration – the longer the duration, the more stamina can be built and calories can be burnt
- Intensity – the higher the intensity, the more calories can be burnt
- Breaks – the more the breaks, the more recovery the body can make and increase the intensity of the workout, but taking longer and frequent breaks can also push your body into the resting state and reduce the efficiency of the body
Also check out: tips for weight loss
Key factors that can boost weight loss
Duration of the workout
The workout should at least last for 30 minutes where the body works moderately at least 5-6 days a week. Of course, for someone with health-related problems, it is always good to ask a doctor before starting a workout schedule so that their health is ruined.
The intensity of the workout
The higher the intensity of the workout, the higher the amount of calories is burned. Understanding the intensity of your workout can help you in improving your process of weight loss. A high-intensity workout may affect the duration of the workout but it doesn’t necessarily affect the calories burnt. If you’re someone who loves dancing and has the time to perform a longer workout, then you can choose a moderately intense workout session, whereas if you don’t have time, choosing a high-intensity workout is a smart decision.
Breaks between your workout
Remaining consistent is necessary to lose weight. If you take a 5-10 minute break between every workout then you won’t lose as many calories as the effectiveness of the workout decreases. It is important to stay in the calorie-burning cycle that your body enters. On the other hand, taking short breaks, lasting between 60-90 seconds, can boost your energy levels and enable you to get restarted with the workout efficiently. BUT it is important to listen to your body; if you really ‘need’ rest then don’t hesitate in stopping otherwise push your body’s limits to build muscles and endurance.
Other benefits of line dancing for health:
- Improved cardiovascular and muscular strength – researchers have linked that a person who indulges in dancing and other cardio exercises was found to have a lower risk of heart attacks and diseases. As we age the overall health of our body is bound to deteriorate which is why line dancing for people over 30 can be very beneficial for their heart’s health
- Better flexibility – the joint or muscular blockages in your body open up and free one’s muscular movements, which provides better flexibility to do daily routine tasks
- Improves coordination of the body and the mind – dancing to rhythms and particular beats can improve the brain’s coordination, cognitive abilities, and the overall health
- Increased lung capacity – the commitment to dancing will increase your lung capacity as your stamina increases since dancing is one of the best cardio exercises. You will rarely find yourself out of breath once you commit to dancing
- Improved mental health for seniors – natural aging results in poor memory and brings the omnipresent risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia. Line dancing as physical activity can result in improvement in mental health for seniors as well as youngsters
- Emotional benefits for everyone – other than the mental and physical health of a person, the overall emotional well-being can be gained. Someone who attends line dancing classes will be able to socialize with a lot of people, which will result in more social and emotional connections with other people
Also check out other ways through which you can boost your mental health.
So, here’s all that one should know about line dancing for health. It is highly beneficial in the long run since the health of the heart improves and also builds endurance. So, what are you waiting for? Suit up and shake a leg and enjoy the benefits of line dancing for health.