With COVID-19 still lurking around, it is hard to imagine going back to an everyday life, where you can go anywhere and do anything without a mask. But technology has played a major role in holding our lives together, be it work, college, or school. Similarly, going to your gym class or dance class now is also a scary thought, but with technology, we have a pathway for understanding what to expect from virtual training.
The pandemic brought new aspects to technology and its use in the world of physical fitness. With virtual training as one of the benefits of technology, one can connect with trainers worldwide. But these training sessions can be tricky when it comes to creating an environment for working out, which is why here you will learn what to expect from virtual training along with companies and apps you can look for. This article will help you o understand how to stay safe in your home with the help of technology without you having to compromise on your fitness.
What is virtual training, and what to expect from virtual training?
Virtual training takes place in a virtual or simulated environment, especially when the learner and trainer are in different locations. It can also be a live session or a pre-recorded session. The goal of virtual training is to simulate an environment of a traditional workout session.
What to expect from virtual training:
1. Know what you want
There are so many exercises and workouts to choose from that you may not know what to expect from virtual training. Therefore, firstly choose what type of workout you want. Secondly, choose if you want one-on-one interaction or a class-like experience from your session. This can also create a huge difference when it comes to choosing your virtual training experience.
2. What equipment do I have?
Choose a workout or exercise whose equipment you have at your home if the exercise needs one. If you have it, make sure the trainer can properly guide you to use the equipment. Wrongly performing the exercises may cause injuries; therefore, make sure the trainer can adequately teach you. If you do not have the equipment, try opting for exercises that do not require them.
3. Qualifications and certifications
The virtual training company or the virtual training platforms that you choose to invest in must have the necessary qualifications and certifications in training physically and virtually. Professionalism is a must. Do not directly jump into the first company or platform you find as your safety and wellness are of utmost importance. Read all the terms and conditions before starting your virtual training.
Also check out: 6 Home Workouts To Stay Fit When You Can’t Go Out!
But why is everyone switching to virtual training platforms?
As mentioned before, going back to normal life can be tough and challenging, with the dangers of COVID-19 still looming over our heads. This period has forced us to change the ways we do our daily work. Virtual training platforms and virtual training apps being provided by the virtual training companies have risen by 100% during the pandemic. This shift towards virtuality is saving people a lot of time without taking out the fun from working out. Although at the same time perplexing them about what to expect from virtual training. With various diets and exercises to choose from according to one’s preferences, people are now having even more fun when they workout at home.
Benefits of virtual training
- Customised training plans according to one’s preferences
- Connect with your trainer daily
- Access to various workouts and classes like aerobics, line dancing, gymming, boxing, etc.
- Professionalism and expertise; workouts are guided and conducted by experts
- It saves the time of traveling to and from the gym
- Perform at your own pace, and
- A comfortable and safe environment
- Cheaper subscriptions comparatively
People who use virtual training app to train at home have extra benefits, being:
- Tracking activity
- Getting motivational messages every day
- Setting your own goals and monitoring them, and
- Demonstration of exercises available
Although there may be numerous benefits, there are also cons to opting for a virtual training session.
Cons of virtual training
- There is no genuine interaction with the trainer lecturer or other people doing the same workouts.
- No one can accurately correct your technique or form, which could lead to damage.
- You’re reliant on Wi-Fi; without proper access to an internet connection, it is not possible to stay on track.
- Without an instructor or a companion to inspire you, it’s easy to get distracted.
- Information overload can lead to wrong decisions when choosing a virtual training company, virtual training platform, or virtual training app for yourself.
- Some people do not have any equipment for working out at home; therefore, they may feel virtual training is not made for them.
Also, check out: Upgrading Your Home Gym Like A Pro In 2021
Virtual training platforms and companies
Here are some applications that you can check out for starting your virtual training:
- Workout for Women
- Nike Training
- 7 Minute Workout
Other than using applications, many companies provide both offline and virtual training sessions. They provide you with unlimited access to the gym and virtual training. One of them is Cult.fit. They have various training programs to choose from: boxing, HRX workout, strength and conditioning workout, yoga, etc.
Choosing to work out at home can be both beneficial as well as monotonous. Some people may like to go out for working-out after a long day or work, interact with others, or they may find staying at home distracting or suffocating, or they may not have the needed equipment for their choice of exercise. Therefore realising what to expect from virtual training is a tricky thing to figure out. Knowing what you want is of utmost importance and thus, keep in mind all the pointers you just read so that you can choose the best for yourself and your fitness.