Broad hips, since time immemorial, has been a symbol of fertility and no man can ignore them as they look attractive and sexy. Many women with a big booty do not prefer wide hips and look for ways they can loosen some fat down there. Perhaps due to some health issues or they just don’t like or prefer it, maybe it makes you uncomfortable or restricts you from wearing a certain type of clothes.
Even though a lot of people admire big hips, a woman could have several reasons to not like it. if a woman is willing to get that round big butt, it should be because she wants to have it, not because she wants to fit into any expectations of society. Love yourself the way you are, make alterations only because you want to not because of its trending or preferred.
Having big hips- an advantage or a disadvantage?
The truth is that women have curves that are healthy, especially huge hips for biological purposes. Women are built entirely different from men and that being for a biological reason. While many women enjoy a straight, slimming hip, curves are indeed genetic advantageous, or what we used to call “birth hips.
The big hips, make it easier for a baby to move through. So the main purpose of having a big booty is fertility and for an easier passage for the baby to pass during pregnancy.
The fat distribution in the buttocks region indicates that, unlike central obesity in the middle portion, healthy oestrogen is present. Fat is associated with “bad” oestrogen around the centre that can cause cardiovascular disease and trouble pregnancy.
How to get wide hips?
If your target is a shaper booty and hips, know that hard work and discipline is the way to achieve it. You’re not going to get it all over the night, but over time you will tone your hips and shed back fat and make your booty appear round and huge. All you need to do is inculcate some habits into your daily routine which will include your diet, sleep routine, water intake and exercises to strengthen and tone your butt muscles. The following is a list of exercises to tone your booty and have wide hips:
1.Side lunge ( with or without dumbells)
Working in various planes helps to shape the booty around. Our bodies have three distinct motion planes: sagittal, forehead and transverse. The movement plane of your body depends on how you move. For starters, the frontal plane works out this exercise.
- Start straight with your feet facing outwards and opposite to one another.
- Leading with your right foot, start to bend towards the right foot and focus on the butt muscles.
- Push your hips back to bend your knee, now repeat the same step on the left
- Get ready to come back: push your right foot and shift your weight onto your left leg to go back to the middle.
- Repeat this exercise 15-20 times on each side.
2.Leg lift (with or without dumbbells)
- This move targets your central and external thighs directly.
- Start by standing straight and lifting your right leg sideways as high as you can without taking support or bending knees. You can add weight to your thighs by holding a dumbbell on it.
- Now slowly bring your leg back to the original position. The slower you move, the more burn you will feel.
- Do the same exercise on the left side.
- Repeat this exercise 15-20 times on each side. Engage those muscles and feel the burn.
- Side-lying leg lift
This exercise may seem easy but if you engage the right muscles, you will be able to feel that burn.
- Start by lying on one side with one leg on the top of the other.
- Then stretch your leg then pull it upwards up to a decent height and bring it down. Make sure you engage the right muscles.
- This is an excellent workout not only for your butt but also for inner thighs.
- Repeat the same exercise on the other side 15-20 times (each side).
- If you do not feel the burn, you’re doing it wrong.
This is an excellent workout when you are trying to tone not only your booty but also your stomach and back. This workout is called a bridge, too. For your glutes, it’s perfect.
- Begin by lying on the ground. Maintain your back straight and turn your knees at an angle of 90 degrees. Your feet on the ground should be flat.
- Have the palms resting on the ground.
- Take your breath and push your heels. Raise your hips and engage your glutes, pelvic floors and hamstrings.
- Rest your upper body, making a straight line down your legs, on your back and shoulders.
- Return to the start place for 1 to 2 seconds at the tip.
- Repeat this exercise 15-20 times for best results.
Talking about toning booty and not including squats? Impossible. Squats are one of the best workouts for a wide butt.
- Start by standing straight, get your feet slightly wider than the shoulder-width apart into an upright position. Your toes should be pointing outwards slightly.
- Bend your knees and push back your hips as if you were sitting in a chair, engaging the glutes.
- Maintain your upper body in a straight position.
- Get back to the initial position
- Repeat the exercise at least 30 times
You must have heard often that spot reduction is not possible. This is true until and unless you do not combine these exercises with cardio, you may not be able to achieve your goals. Other than exercise, you also need to focus on your diet. Exercising helps us to tone the muscles and accounts to only 20% in losing or gaining weight.
Our diet on the other hand plays a significant role in helping us achieve the desired weight goal. Make sure you eat healthily, stay hydrated, exercise regularly and most importantly, stay consistent.