Our body is a mysterious entity- even with advancement in medical science, there are still certain things that are inexplicable. Nature has divided humans into man and woman biologically and both these sexes have certain uniqueness. It is not possible, rather it should not be a good practice to compare women’s health to men’s health.
This misconception should be corrected or else there will be more issues and risks to women’s health.
Developing healthy habits, understanding female health issues and taking actions to cure the disease are some basic steps to maintain women’s health.
There are numerous issues for women’s health such as pregnancy, breast cancer, menopause, cervical cancer and urinary tract issues. Even female teenagers have higher chances of getting depression and unprotected sex.
Women’s Health Issues
Certain cancers affect only women’s health and can even lead to death.
- Cervical cancer occurs in the cells of the lower part of your uterus that opens into the vagina, caused by human papillomavirus(HPV) which is a sexually transmitted disease.
- Breast cancer occurs in the cells of your breasts, caused by several abnormally growing breast cells. Usually, breast cancer is followed by skin cancer and some symptoms include a change in size, appearance of breasts, redness and peeling of skin surrounding the breast.
- Ovarian cancer occurs in the ovaries, caused when a cell develops mutations in its DNA and invades close by tissues. This cancer was entitled a “silent killer” because it is very difficult to detect.
- Colorectal cancer starts from the large intestine, called the colon, which is the final part of the digestive tract. This cancer is caused when the cells develop mutations in their DNA, forming a tumour. A woman’s health is more prone to get colorectal cancer if she has a history of breast cancer or ovarian cancer.
- Lung Cancer occurs in your lungs, majorly caused when you smoke or are exposed to second-hand smoke.
- Womb cancer occurs in the cells present in the lining of the womb, caused by higher levels of oestrogen in your body. If you’re still experiencing vaginally bleeding after menopause, then you may have womb cancer.
People often think that women’s health is protected against cardiovascular diseases but they are wrong.
It is the leading cause of death in American females. Follow a heart-healthy diet if you have any cardiac problem.
Women are more likely to experience a stroke and die from a heart attack than men. The factors that influence women’s health to have a stroke includes:
- high blood pressure
- birth control pills or use
- high cholesterol
- hormone replacement
Menstrual female problems
- Pelvic pain is experienced by women after they’ve gone through the first half of the menstrual cycle and the release of eggs.
- Premenstrual syndrome(PMS) and menstrual cramps are experienced by women in the second half of the menstrual cycle.
- Bloating, headaches, irritability, and nervousness are additional issues for women’s health.
- The premenstrual dysphoric disorder causes depression and anxiety, similar to PMS but more dangerous.
- Thyroid diseases such as graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Lupus damages joint, skin and organ areas.
- Rheumatoid arthritis attacks and weakens your joints.
- Psoriasis and Psoriatic arthritis.
This occurs when bone density in women decreases and women will have to suffer a fracture.
Urinary tract issues
Bladder infection and kidney infection affect the women’s health and cause high blood pressure leading to more female problems.
Women are more likely to get depressed and stressed than men. There are many factors why this happens, some of which includes
- hormonal changes
- premenstrual problems
- pregnancy issues
- postpartum depression
Treatment To Cure Women’s Health Issues
- Taking screening tests and proper medical treatment for cancers.
- Consult your doctor and discuss every minor change you notice in yourself.
- You may have to do chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormonal therapy and/or targeted therapy to decrease the size of cancer.
- Immunotherapy or stem cell transplants are also used to treat issues for women’s health.
- You might have to do surgery, it is easier to do surgery when the cancer is small.
- Take vaccinations and stay up to date.
- Manage your stress with the help of relaxation techniques such as taking therapy, exercising, meditating, praying, doing aqua yoga or spending time with your loved ones.
- Lead a healthy sex life and know your partner’s sexual health status.
- Consuming a healthy diet, having proper 7-9 hours of sleep, drinking lots of water and keeping a track of your routine are also necessary steps to lessen female problems.
- Make use of online resources to understand and have more knowledge about women’s health and women’s health issues.
- As you become old try to eat more healthy food, make healthy skin-related choices, exercise daily and guess who’s gonna look younger? YOU!
- Do low-impact exercises such as walking, running, cycling and skating.
Precautions To Be Taken By Women
- Limit your exposure to UV rays if you have skin cancers.
- Try to take full body checkups every 4-6 months.
- Quit smoking and avoid getting exposed to second-hand smoke.
- Limit your drinking or just quit it completely.
- Take proper medications at regular times, set a timer in case you forget.
- Do not force the treatment methods on yourself, ask your doctor for your needs and other ways.
- Avoid doing things that stress you and stop being in a relationship that is a source of depression.
- Avoid heels and wear casual slippers.
- Wear masks when you are in crowded areas.
- Maintain a safe distance from all the people and stay at home if you are sick.
- Remember to clean your hands using alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and water.
- Avoid doing intense exercises, take proper rest and reward yourself after workouts.
- Limit or delete your social media if it is a source of depression for you.
- Increase women’s health awareness by doing balance exercises, breathing, tai chi, movement meditation and body scan meditation.
It would be better if you have a person to rely on when you are facing such issues.
Women’s health should be every household’s priority as she (for example, your mother, wife, sister or daughter) is the one who makes food for us, earns money for us and takes care of us.